Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
Something missing?Add Image
Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
An enlargement of the Hook, replacing the stacked short-compass Swell with an enlarged full compass division placed behind the Great, and enlargement of the Pedal to three stops. The recessed console with vertical stops was replaced with a projecting terraced-jamb console. The action was reportedly so heavy, especially for the Swell, that the organ was electrified by the Hall Organ Co. in 1928. The organ was moved from its original location in the rear gallery to position front and center behind the pulpit and altar. At some point in the organ's more remote history, it's original faux rosewood case decoration was painted brown.
The original builder was E. & G. G. Hook (1857, Opus 221).
Electrified & enlarged Gilbert & Butler 1890s, 2-20. Tracker action rebuilt by Andover 1966, 2-24. Restored by R. Hamar 1978, 2-20. Restored and altered, by Jeremy Cooper, 1995. 2-21r 18s Tr Mechanical stop action. New windchests. Action and console retained with alterations from Andover 1966. Moved to original position in rear gallery. Re-dedicated by Mark Brombaugh, 4/23/95.
Related Instrument Entries: E. & G. G. Hook (Opus 221, 1857) , Andover Organ Co. (1966) , Richard Craig Hamar (1978) , Jeremy Cooper (1995)
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit