Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
Something missing?Add Image
Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
Updated through online information from Chad Boorsma. -- The first changes to the organ were in the 1950's when pipes salvaged from a local Johnson organ replaced several ranks. The work in the 1960's was by Casavant when the Great Mixture was added, and the entire Choir division was replaced except for the Clarinet. Today, nine stops on the Dobson organ have pipes from the original Skinner organ.
Updated through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Badly altered in 1960s by amateurs with supply house console in 1965; rebuilt by George Price in 1979; chests and console offered for sale in 1994; replaced by Dobson retaining some seven ranks.
Status Note: There 1995.
Altered & new supply house console 1960's by amateurs. Rebuilt by George Price in 1979. Rebuild by Dobson, 1994 with alterations.
Webpage Links: Opus 720: First Presbyterian Church
Related Instrument Entries: Dobson Pipe Organ Builders (1994) , Casavant Frères Ltée. (1960s) , George B. Price (1979)
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit