Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
Something missing?Add Image
Something missing?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
Acccording to John Dower of Lincoln Pipe Organs, the 16' Sub Bass added to the Stevens in 2003 was from several sources. In 2021, Lincoln replaced it with the Pedal Sub Bass from Estey Opus 1270, 1914 - originally built for Reidsville Baptist in Reidsville, NC. and relocated to First Moravian in Greensboro, NC. at an undocumented date by an undocumented person or firm. The Estey was removed from the Moravian church in 2020.
Identified through on-line information from David Ritch. -- The organ was built by George Stevens ca. 1865. It originally had 686 pipes, but was enlarged to over 900. It was originally located in a Methodist Church in Hope, Rhode Island. The organ was purchased by St. Alban's and sent to J. Allen Farmer Inc. for restoration. The organ was dedicated at St. Alban's on March 6th 2003.
Related Instrument Entries: Unknown Builder , Estey Organ Co. (Opus 1270, 1914)
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit