Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
Something missing?Add Image
Something missing?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
Updated through online information from James R. Stettner.
Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- This organ was originally installed when the building was First Presbyterian. But the building was sold in 1927 to the American Lutheran Church, which later became St. Mark's Lutheran. The organ was sold with the building. An old photo on the "History" page of St. Mark's website shows an immense facade spanning the front of the church. The church voted to change its name to Salem Lutheran Church in 1945. The Balcom and Vaughan opus list confirms that the organ was a 14-rank tracker. B and V electrified the organ in 1951.
Identified through online information from Lanny Hochhalter. -- Church records state that this was an "electric pipe organ with chimes" 780 pipes. Dedication was played by Dr. Lucien E. Becker. Replaced in 1928 by a Reuter.
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit